Typhoon in Philippines – Sendong Typhoon to Hit Negros, Philippines
By Judaline F. Partlow
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Negros Oriental is now gearing up to respond to any eventuality as tropical storm Sendong continues to move toward the Visayas and is expected to cut across the southern part of Negros beginning today through Saturday.
Sendong is expected to make landfall Friday afternoon in Davao.
Allen Cabaron, provincial coordinator of the Office of Civil Defense and a member of the PDRRMC, disclosed that as early as Wednesday, the council already met and laid out possible response scenarios.
As far as the provincial government is concerned, logistics and other resources required for disaster response, relief and rehabilitation are in place, Cabaron said. However, local government units have to be regularly “pressured” to disseminate vital information on the progress of the typhoon down to the barangay levels, he added.
Some LGUs in Negros Oriental are not as fully equipped yet in terms of disaster response capability, Cabaron noted.
The PDRRMC is focusing on flood-prone and landslide prone areas in the southern part of the province, after the country’s weather bureau, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), hoisted Public Storm Warning Signal No. 2 over southern Negros as of Friday.
Areas that have rivers potentially prone to flooding are Zamboanguita, Siaton, Sta. Catalina, Bayawan and Basay, as well as Valencia and Sibulan where the Okoy River flows through and the capital city of Dumaguete with the Banica River known for its occasional flash floods, the OCD provincial coordinator said.
Landslide prone areas, meanwhile, have been identified in the towns of Siaton and Zamboanguita and Bayawan City.
Incoming search terms:
- dumaguete philippines typhoon
- philippines typhoon negros
- typhoon in negros philippines
- TYPHOON IN NEGROS
- Negros Oriental Typhoon
- negros typhoon
- articles about typhoon sendong in the philippines
- okoy river valencia
- negros philippines storm
- typhoon negros occidental philippines
- Typhoon sendong in Sibulan Negros oiental
- typhoon negros
- negros occidental typhoon
- typhoon in negros oriental philippines
- negros oriental philippines typhoon
- Negros Oriental Philippines did typoon hit here
- negros oriental and typhoon
- sibulan phillippines after typhoon
- sendong hits valencia
- what happent to the negritos after the typhoon in the phillipines
- philippines typhoon negros 2013
- typhoon dumaguete
- sendong hit philippines
- philippines typhoon negros manapal
- sibulan philippines storm
- philippines typhoon in negros occidental
- sibulan philippines typhoon 2013
- philippines typhoon hit negros occidental
- sibulan philippines typhoons
- philippines typhoon in negros
- Storm hits Negros Philippines
- philippines typhoon valiencia
- phillipines negros storm
- scenarios of typhoon sendong
- Sendong typhoon hits sibulan negros oriental
- scenario typhoon philippines
- recent disaster in the philippines negros oriental
- places in phillipines hit by typoon sendong
- sendong typoon
- phillipines typhoon news negros
- sendong typhoon in negros
- sibulan okoy
- sibulan philippine typhoon news
- phillipines typhoon negros
- storm in bayawan city philippines
- storm in negros phillippines
- Typhoon Sendong hits negros
- typhoon sendong when did hit Phil?
- typhoon to hit negro occidental philippines
- typhoon warning for negros oriental