Typhoon in Philippines – Sendong Typhoon to Hit Negros, Philippines
By Judaline F. Partlow
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Negros Oriental is now gearing up to respond to any eventuality as tropical storm Sendong continues to move toward the Visayas and is expected to cut across the southern part of Negros beginning today through Saturday.
Sendong is expected to make landfall Friday afternoon in Davao.
Allen Cabaron, provincial coordinator of the Office of Civil Defense and a member of the PDRRMC, disclosed that as early as Wednesday, the council already met and laid out possible response scenarios.
As far as the provincial government is concerned, logistics and other resources required for disaster response, relief and rehabilitation are in place, Cabaron said. However, local government units have to be regularly “pressured” to disseminate vital information on the progress of the typhoon down to the barangay levels, he added.
Some LGUs in Negros Oriental are not as fully equipped yet in terms of disaster response capability, Cabaron noted.
The PDRRMC is focusing on flood-prone and landslide prone areas in the southern part of the province, after the country’s weather bureau, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), hoisted Public Storm Warning Signal No. 2 over southern Negros as of Friday.
Areas that have rivers potentially prone to flooding are Zamboanguita, Siaton, Sta. Catalina, Bayawan and Basay, as well as Valencia and Sibulan where the Okoy River flows through and the capital city of Dumaguete with the Banica River known for its occasional flash floods, the OCD provincial coordinator said.
Landslide prone areas, meanwhile, have been identified in the towns of Siaton and Zamboanguita and Bayawan City.
Incoming search terms:
- philippines typhoon negros
- negros typhoon
- articles about typhoon sendong in the philippines
- TYPHOON IN NEGROS
- Negros Oriental Typhoon
- sibulan phillippines after typhoon
- sendong hits valencia
- Typhoon sendong in Sibulan Negros oiental
- typhoon negros occidental philippines
- negros oriental and typhoon
- philippines typhoon negros 2013
- dumaguete philippines typhoon
- okoy river valencia
- typhoon in negros oriental philippines
- negros occidental typhoon
- Negros Oriental Philippines did typoon hit here
- what happent to the negritos after the typhoon in the phillipines
- storm in negros phillippines
- sibulan philippines typhoon 2013
- storm in bayawan city philippines
- typhoon in the philippines in negros
- sibulan philippines typhoons
- Storm hits Negros Philippines
- sibulan okoy
- sibulan philippines storm
- sibulan philippine typhoon news
- philippines typhoon negros manapal
- philippines typhoon valiencia
- phillipines negros storm
- phillipines typhoon negros
- phillipines typhoon news negros
- places in phillipines hit by typoon sendong
- recent disaster in the philippines negros oriental
- scenario typhoon philippines
- scenarios of typhoon sendong
- sendong hit philippines
- Sendong typhoon hits sibulan negros oriental
- sendong typhoon in negros
- sendong typoon
- thypoon negros
- typhonn bayawan Neg Or phils
- typhoo update negros occidental
- Typhoon Sendong hits negros
- typhoon sendong when did hit Phil?
- typhoon to hit negro occidental philippines
- typhoon warning for negros oriental
- typhoon warning in negroes philippines
- typhoon yolanda philippines negros occidental
- Typhoons in the valencia/ dumaguete Philippines
- was dumaguete hit by the typhon 2013