Typhoon in Philippines – Sendong Typhoon to Hit Negros, Philippines
By Judaline F. Partlow
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Negros Oriental is now gearing up to respond to any eventuality as tropical storm Sendong continues to move toward the Visayas and is expected to cut across the southern part of Negros beginning today through Saturday.
Sendong is expected to make landfall Friday afternoon in Davao.
Allen Cabaron, provincial coordinator of the Office of Civil Defense and a member of the PDRRMC, disclosed that as early as Wednesday, the council already met and laid out possible response scenarios.
As far as the provincial government is concerned, logistics and other resources required for disaster response, relief and rehabilitation are in place, Cabaron said. However, local government units have to be regularly “pressured” to disseminate vital information on the progress of the typhoon down to the barangay levels, he added.
Some LGUs in Negros Oriental are not as fully equipped yet in terms of disaster response capability, Cabaron noted.
The PDRRMC is focusing on flood-prone and landslide prone areas in the southern part of the province, after the country’s weather bureau, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), hoisted Public Storm Warning Signal No. 2 over southern Negros as of Friday.
Areas that have rivers potentially prone to flooding are Zamboanguita, Siaton, Sta. Catalina, Bayawan and Basay, as well as Valencia and Sibulan where the Okoy River flows through and the capital city of Dumaguete with the Banica River known for its occasional flash floods, the OCD provincial coordinator said.
Landslide prone areas, meanwhile, have been identified in the towns of Siaton and Zamboanguita and Bayawan City.
Incoming search terms:
- dumaguete philippines typhoon
- philippines typhoon negros
- TYPHOON IN NEGROS
- typhoon in negros philippines
- negros typhoon
- articles about typhoon sendong in the philippines
- Negros Oriental Typhoon
- Negros Oriental Philippines did typoon hit here
- typhoon negros occidental philippines
- Typhoon sendong in Sibulan Negros oiental
- typhoon in negros oriental philippines
- sendong hits valencia
- negros philippines storm
- negros oriental philippines typhoon
- negros occidental typhoon
- typhoon negros
- negros oriental and typhoon
- sibulan phillippines after typhoon
- typhoon dumaguete
- philippines typhoon negros 2013
- what happent to the negritos after the typhoon in the phillipines
- okoy river valencia
- typhoon in the philippines in negros
- sibulan philippines typhoons
- sibulan philippines typhoon 2013
- sibulan philippines storm
- sibulan philippine typhoon news
- Storm hits Negros Philippines
- storm in bayawan city philippines
- sibulan okoy
- scenario typhoon philippines
- philippines typhoon in negros
- philippines typhoon in negros occidental
- philippines typhoon negros manapal
- philippines typhoon valiencia
- philippines typhoon 2013 negros occidental
- phillipines negros storm
- phillipines typhoon negros
- phillipines typhoon news negros
- places in phillipines hit by typoon sendong
- recent disaster in the philippines negros oriental
- scenarios of typhoon sendong
- sendong hit philippines
- Sendong typhoon hits sibulan negros oriental
- sendong typhoon in negros
- sendong typoon
- philippines typhoon hit negros occidental
- storm in negros phillippines
- Typhoon Sendong hits negros
- typhoon sendong when did hit Phil?