Treasury Bill Rates in the Philippines
By Joann Santiago
Rate of the 364-day Treasury bill declined to another record-low of 0.549 percent on Monday on back of high demand for this paper.
Yield of this tenor fell 13.1 percent against the 0.68 percent during the auction two weeks ago.
The Bureau of the Treasury (BTr) offered the paper for P4 billion and awarded as programmed even as total tenders amounted to P6.5 billion.
"We see that the market is still looking at the inflation outlook, which remains to be manageable," National Treasurer Rosalia de Leon told reporters after the auction.
The government has a three to five percent inflation target for this year until 2014.
As of last October, rate of price increases averaged at 3.2 percent after last October’s level decelerated to 3.1 percent from month-ago’s 3.6 percent.
The central bank projects inflation to stay within 2.7-3.6 percent for November this year. The government is set to release the actual November 2012 inflation rate next week.
"At the same time, they see that the national government is still in a very high liquid tone," De Leon said.
The rate of the 91-day bill, which banks use for the pricing of their loans, rose to 0.2 percent, up from the 0.15 percent two weeks ago.
The government offered this paper for P1 billion and made a full award even as bids were more than threefold at P3.78 billion.
Also, the rate of the six-month paper averaged at 0.527 percent, higher than the previous average of 0.45 percent.
BTr offered this paper for P2.5 billion but the auction committee awarded only P1.21 billion.
"We made a partial award for the 182-day paper because the rate would just be seven points higher than the previous auction," de Leon said.
Meanwhile, the government is set to auction onshore dollar-bond due 2023 on Wednesday.
De Leon said proceeds of the dollar bond issuance to domestic investors would partly finance requirements of the state-run Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corp. (PSALM) and government’s budgetary requirements for 2013.
Incoming search terms:
- treasury bills philippines
- treasury bill philippines
- treasury bills in the philippines
- philippine treasury bill rates
- treasury bills philippines rates
- treasury bill rates philippines
- treasury bill in the philippines
- philippine treasury bill
- treasury bill rate philippines
- treasury bills of the philippines
- treasury bill in philippines
- treasury bills philippines interest rates
- treasury bill rates in the philippines
- what is treasury bills philippines
- philippine treasury bills auction april 2014
- philippine treasury bond rates
- philippine treasury bills interest rates
- philippine treasury bills rate
- Philippines Treasury
- philippines Treasury bill rate
- philippine treasury bills interest rate
- treasury bill interest rate 2013 philippines
- treasury bills article philippines
- treasury bills interest rate philippines
- treasury bills rate ph
- treasury bills rates in philippines
- treasury rates philippines
- what is a treasury bill rate in the philippines
- Interest rate for treasury bill in the Philippines
- article about treasury bill philippines
- interest rate of treasury bills in philippines
- treasury bill philippine government
- treasury bills latest interest rates and advantages in the philippines
- Treasury Bills Offered in Philippines
- ?philippines treasury bills
- treasury bills philippines 2014
- 91 day treasury bill rate philippines
- treasury bills philippines rate
- 90 Treasury Bill Rate in the philippines
- TREASURY BILLS RATE IN THE PHILLIPINES
- bpi philippines treasury bills
- treasury bills in the philipppines
- philippines treasury rate
- treasury bill rate as of today here in the philippines
- treasury bill rate in the philippines
- current treasury bill rates philippines
- treasury bill rates from BoT philippines
- Treasury bill rates in Philippines
- current treasury bill in philippines
- current interest rate of philippine treasury bills