Treasury Bill Rates in the Philippines
By Joann Santiago
Rate of the 364-day Treasury bill declined to another record-low of 0.549 percent on Monday on back of high demand for this paper.
Yield of this tenor fell 13.1 percent against the 0.68 percent during the auction two weeks ago.
The Bureau of the Treasury (BTr) offered the paper for P4 billion and awarded as programmed even as total tenders amounted to P6.5 billion.
"We see that the market is still looking at the inflation outlook, which remains to be manageable," National Treasurer Rosalia de Leon told reporters after the auction.
The government has a three to five percent inflation target for this year until 2014.
As of last October, rate of price increases averaged at 3.2 percent after last October’s level decelerated to 3.1 percent from month-ago’s 3.6 percent.
The central bank projects inflation to stay within 2.7-3.6 percent for November this year. The government is set to release the actual November 2012 inflation rate next week.
"At the same time, they see that the national government is still in a very high liquid tone," De Leon said.
The government offered this paper for P1 billion and made a full award even as bids were more than threefold at P3.78 billion.
Also, the rate of the six-month paper averaged at 0.527 percent, higher than the previous average of 0.45 percent.
BTr offered this paper for P2.5 billion but the auction committee awarded only P1.21 billion.
"We made a partial award for the 182-day paper because the rate would just be seven points higher than the previous auction," de Leon said.
Meanwhile, the government is set to auction onshore dollar-bond due 2023 on Wednesday.
De Leon said proceeds of the dollar bond issuance to domestic investors would partly finance requirements of the state-run Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corp. (PSALM) and government’s budgetary requirements for 2013.
Incoming search terms:
- treasury bills philippines
- treasury bill philippines
- treasury bills in the philippines
- treasury bill rates philippines
- treasury bills philippines rates
- philippine treasury bill rates
- treasury bill in the philippines
- philippine treasury bill
- philippine treasury bills auction april 2014
- treasury bills of the philippines
- treasury bills philippines interest rates
- treasury bill in philippines
- treasury bill rates in the philippines
- what is treasury bills philippines
- philippine treasury bills interest rates
- treasury bill rate philippines
- philippine treasury bills rate
- treasury bills rate ph
- treasury bill interest rate 2013 philippines
- philippines treasury bill
- Philippines Treasury
- treasury bills rates in philippines
- philippine treasury bond rates
- treasury bills interest rate philippines
- treasury bills article philippines
- philippine treasury bills interest rate
- Treasury bill rates in Philippines
- Interest rate for treasury bill in the Philippines
- article about treasury bill philippines
- treasury rates philippines
- what is a treasury bill rate in the philippines
- philippines Treasury bill rate
- interest rate of treasury bills in philippines
- treasury bill encash in the philippines
- what is a treasury bill in the phils
- tbills rate decemeber 2014 phlippines
- top treasury bills in philippines
- treasure bill philippines 91 days
- treasury bill rate in the philippines
- treasury bill rate as of today here in the philippines
- What is philippine Treasury bill or bonds
- treasury bill philippine government
- treasury bill ph
- WHAT IS PHILIPPINE TREASURY BILLS
- what is the advantage of treasury bills in the philippines
- treasury biils philippines\
- what is a treasury bill in the philippines
- Treasury Bill Average interest rates 2013 philippines
- what is treasury bill in the philippines
- WHAT IS TREASURY BILLS PH