Treasury Bill Rates in the Philippines
By Joann Santiago
Rate of the 364-day Treasury bill declined to another record-low of 0.549 percent on Monday on back of high demand for this paper.
Yield of this tenor fell 13.1 percent against the 0.68 percent during the auction two weeks ago.
The Bureau of the Treasury (BTr) offered the paper for P4 billion and awarded as programmed even as total tenders amounted to P6.5 billion.
"We see that the market is still looking at the inflation outlook, which remains to be manageable," National Treasurer Rosalia de Leon told reporters after the auction.
The government has a three to five percent inflation target for this year until 2014.
As of last October, rate of price increases averaged at 3.2 percent after last October’s level decelerated to 3.1 percent from month-ago’s 3.6 percent.
The central bank projects inflation to stay within 2.7-3.6 percent for November this year. The government is set to release the actual November 2012 inflation rate next week.
"At the same time, they see that the national government is still in a very high liquid tone," De Leon said.
The rate of the 91-day bill, which banks use for the pricing of their loans, rose to 0.2 percent, up from the 0.15 percent two weeks ago.
The government offered this paper for P1 billion and made a full award even as bids were more than threefold at P3.78 billion.
Also, the rate of the six-month paper averaged at 0.527 percent, higher than the previous average of 0.45 percent.
BTr offered this paper for P2.5 billion but the auction committee awarded only P1.21 billion.
"We made a partial award for the 182-day paper because the rate would just be seven points higher than the previous auction," de Leon said.
Meanwhile, the government is set to auction onshore dollar-bond due 2023 on Wednesday.
De Leon said proceeds of the dollar bond issuance to domestic investors would partly finance requirements of the state-run Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corp. (PSALM) and government’s budgetary requirements for 2013.
Incoming search terms:
- treasury bills philippines
- treasury bill philippines
- treasury bills in the philippines
- treasury bill rates philippines
- philippine treasury bill rates
- treasury bills philippines rates
- treasury bills of the philippines
- what is treasury bills philippines
- treasury bills philippines interest rates
- treasury bill in the philippines
- treasury bill rates in the philippines
- treasury bills article philippines
- treasury bills rate ph
- treasury bill interest rate 2013 philippines
- Philippines Treasury
- treasury bill rate philippines
- philippine treasury bill
- philippine treasury bond rates
- philippine treasury bills interest rate
- treasury bills rates in philippines
- philippines Treasury bill rate
- interest rate of treasury bills in philippines
- what is a treasury bill rate in the philippines
- article about treasury bill philippines
- treasury bill rate in the philippines
- what is a treasury bill in the philippines
- treasury bill rates from BoT philippines
- Treasury bill rates in Philippines
- tresury bill in the philippine
- treasury bill philippine government
- what is the advantage of treasury bills in the philippines
- treasury bill ph
- tresure bills rates bank of philippines
- treasury bill interest rates philippines
- what is treasury bill in the philippines
- treasury bonds and treasury bills interest rate on philippines
- treasury bill in philippines
- treasury bill encash in the philippines
- Treasury Bill Average interest rates 2013 philippines
- treasury bills: philippines: interest rate
- TRESSURY BILL PH
- treasury rates philippines
- treasury bills ratte philippines
- treasury bills rates in the philippines current rates
- Treasury bond market forecast in the philippines
- treasury bills rate philippines
- treasury bond philippines rate
- treasury bond rate in philippines
- treasury bills philippines rate
- interest rate for philippine treasury bills