Top 25 Best Free Softwares to Download
Top 25 Best Free Softwares to Download
The list is based on the number of downloads provided by sourceforge where most of these top best free softwares can be downloaded from. These applications are of course open-source. You don’t have to pay in order to use them but you cannot sell them as your own. That is infringement of one’s intellectual property rights. Of course it’s not ethical to do that. Enjoy and choose one of top 25 best free softwares to download.
1. phpMyAdmin is a tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. Currently it can create and drop databases, create/drop/alter tables, delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys on fields.
2. PostBooks ERP, accounting, CRM by xTuple. Free open source ERP, accounting, CRM package for small to midsized businesses. Runs on Linux, Mac, and Windows (built with open source Qt framework). Business logic resides in PostgreSQL database. Rich API for connecting to third-party apps.
3. ADempiere ERP Business Suite ERP/CRM/MFG/SCM/POS done the Bazaar way in an open and unabated fashion. Focus is on the Community that includes Subject Matter Specialists, Implementors and End-Users. We forked and survived Compiere which is now closed.
4. Zenoss Core – Enterprise IT Monitoring is an enterprise network and systems management application written in Python. Zenoss provides an integrated product for monitoring
availability, performance, events and configuration across layers and across platforms.
5. MediaInfo – Get technical information and tags of a lot of multimedia files. Supported formats : – Video : AVI/OGM/MKV/MPG/VOB/MP4/3GP/… – Audio :
6. KeePass Password Safe is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
7. ScummVM is a cross-platform interpreter for several point-and-click adventure engines. This includes all SCUMM-based adventures by LucasArts, Simon the Sorcerer 1&2 by AdventureSoft, Beneath a Steel Sky and Broken Sword 1&2 by Revolution, and many more.
8. ZK – Simply Ajax and Mobile is Ajax Java framework. With direct RIA, 200+ Ajax components and a markup language, developing Ajax/RIA as simple as desktop apps and
9. Notepad++, a source code editor and MS Windows Notepad replacement, has the mission to offer a greener environment. By optimizing its routines, it results in reducing CPU power consumption then reducing the world carbon dioxide emissions.
10. Clonezilla is a partition or disk clone tool similar to Norton GhostÂ®. It saves and restores only used blocks in hard drive. Two types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (Server Edition).
11. Pandora FMS is a performance & availability monitoring system, ready for big environments. It uses agents for local monitoring and can do several kinds of remote network monitoring. Agents works on Linux, Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and BSD systems.
12. Mobile Atlas Creator creates off-line atlases for various cell phone apps on Android, iPhone and WindowsCE as well as GPS devices (Garmin, Magellan and others)
13. Sweet Home 3D is an interior design Java application for quickly choosing and placing furniture on a house 2D plan drawn by the end-user, with a 3D preview.
14. Scintilla is a free source code editing component which includes useful features such as syntax styling, error indicators, folding, code completion and call tips. The project includes SciTE (SCIntilla based Text Editor).
15. FreeMind, a mind mapper, and at the same time an easy-to-operate hierarchical editor with strong emphasis on folding. These two are not really two different things, just two different descriptions of a single application. Often used for knowledge and content mgmt.
16. MinGW – Minimalist GNU for Windows, a native Windows port of the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC), with freely distributable import libraries and header files for building
native Windows applications; includes extensions to the MSVC runtime to support C99 functionality.
18. jEdit is a programmer’s text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
19. Openbravo ERP is the web-based ERP for SMEs. Available as a professional open source ERP solution, Openbravo ERP provides unique high-impact benefits: 1) Comprehensive 2) Innovative 3) Cost effective. | IMPORTANT NOTICE. Openbravo ERP project communi
20. Group-Office groupware takes your office online. Share projects, calendars, files and e-mail online with co-workers and clients. Easy to use and fully customizable, Group-Office takes online collaboration to the next level.
21. Open Object Rexx is the open source version of IBM’s Object REXX Interpreter. It is upwardly compatible with classic REXX and will execute classic REXX programs unchanged. The project is managed by the Rexx Language Assoc.
22. XOOPS Web Application Platform is a CMS and Web Application Platform written in PHP. Its object orientation makes it an ideal tool for developing apps for small or
large websites and enterprise applications.
23. 7-Zip is a file archiver with the high compression ratio. The program supports 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, Z.
24. PDFCreator easily creates PDFs from any Windows program. Use it like a printer in Word, StarCalc or any other Windows application.
25. Media Player Classic – Home Cinema is based on the original Guliverkli project, and contains additional features and bugs fixes (see complete list on project Website).