The Cash Store Australia Holdings Inc. (“Cash Store Australia”) (TSXV:AUC) today announced results for the three and six months ended December 31, 2011.
Highlights for the second quarter (a table of results can be found at the end of this news release):
– Revenue up 28.7% to $ 5.0 million, from $ 3.9 million for the same quarter last year.
– Net loss of ($ 1.5 million) down from ($ 1.6 million) in the second quarter of last year.
– Branch operating loss decreased to ($ 186,000) from ($ 265,000) for the same quarter of last year.
– Diluted loss per share of ($ 0.09) down from ($ 0.10) in the same quarter last year.
– Same branch revenues for the 62 locations open since the beginning of the second quarter of fiscal 2011 up 21.5% to $ 67,600 from $ 55,600 in the second quarter last year.
– Negative EBITDA of ($ 1.3 million) down from ($ 1.4 million) in the same quarter last year.
– Non-cash impairment of property and equipment of $ 149,000 compared to $ 248,000 for the same quarter last year