Philippines’ Ranking in the Global Corruption Index
After only four months of the Aquino administration, the Philippines’ ranking in the global corruption index improved five rungs better, according to the Transparency International.
In a media briefing in Malacañang, Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said the recent survey somehow reflects the Aquino administration’s determination to promote good governance.
“We are just four months old and the fact that we have improved in the ranking says something about the determination of this administration to promote good governance. We will continue to do our part in the promotion of good governance,” he said.
Lacierda said the President has directed proactive measures including the creation of the Truth Commission and prosecution of erring officials, among others, to eradicate graft and corruption.
“We are happy that we have improved. And four months is a good indication that apparently Transparency International is recognizing our efforts,” he said.
Lacierda expressed hope, the President’s policy on good governance could result in a further improvement in the country’s rating next year.
Early in his term, the President directed the implementation of tough anti-corruption measures in an effort to improve the country’s economy and reduce poverty.
In its 2010 Corruption Perception Index (CPI), the Transparency International survey showed the Philippines was ranked 134th among 178 countries with a score of 2.4, better than its 139th ranking last year.
The 2010 CPI measures the degree to which public-sector corruption is perceived using the scale from 10 (very clean) to 0 (highly corrupt).
Incoming search terms:
- philippines ranking in the world
- Philippines rank in corruption in 2012
- rank of philippines in corruption
- philippines rank in corruption 2011
- how is the philippines ranked in termsof corruption
- philippine ranking in corruption
- philippines rank in the world
- philippines corruption rank 2011
- PHILIPPINE RANK IN CORRUPTION
- rank of philippines on povety
- philippine ranking in graft and corruption
- PHILIPPINES CORRUPTION RANKING
- philippines corruption index
- 37 philippines rank economy
- Philippines rank in corruption
- philippines corruption rank
- philippines ranking in poverty 2012
- philippines rank of corruption
- philippines ranked on corruption
- Philippines ranking in corruption
- rank of philippines according to poverty
- philippines ranking in graft and corruption
- philippines rank in the world in term of corruption
- philippines rank in poverty in the world
- philippines poverty ranking
- philippines rank in poverty
- Philippines rank in Global economy
- philippines rank in coruption
- philippines rank in corruption as of 2011
- philippines rank 105 corruption index
- philippines transparency index
- philippines transparency rank
- philippines transparency ranking 2011
- rank of the philippines in corruption
- rank of the philippines in corruption by 2011
- rank of the philippines in graft and corruption international survey
- rank of the philippines in poverty
- ranking of graft and corruption
- ranking of the philippines in corruption
- ranking of the philippines in graft and corruption in the philippines
- ranking of the Philippines in the global survey
- ranking of the philippines in the transparency international
- result of 2012 phililppine bar exam
- world bank corruption rank of the philippines
- rank of the philippines in 2012 in index
- rank of phillipines corruption transparency international
- philippines truth commission corruption 2011
- philippines global corruption rankings
- phillipines ranking as wealth
- poverty survey in 2012 philippines