Military gearing up to secure Black Nazarene Procession
By Priam F. Nepomuceno
MANILA, Dec. 31 (PNA) — With the New Year holidays almost over, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) said its units are now gearing up to secure the Black Nazarene Procession on Jan. 9 next year.
AFP chief-of-staff, Lt. Gen. Eduardo Año, however clarified that this does not mean that security threats were detected against the annual procession.
This is despite improvised explosive device attacks in Leyte and North Cotabato early this week.
“So far, we are still to detect any threat for the Black Nazarene Procession but we are urging all devotees to report anything suspicious to authorities,” he said in Filipino.
The AFP chief added a vigilant public is a great help in preventing security incidents. (PNA)