The nuclear radiation in Japan is going out of control. Today it is reported that radiation level in Japan has risen 6,600 times more than normal. This raised the possibility of spreading the radiation from Japan to Europe as radioactive materials can travel through air. Every European country is vulnerable to atomic radiation. Europe must monitor its radiation level. Radioactive materials are already detected in the Korean borders. A US Air Force pilot had reported a large amount of nuclear radiation in our earth’s atmosphere. If that is the case, the possibility of Japan nuclear radiation to hit Europe is very high as radioactive materials can travel fast and anywhere.
Here are some scary effects of nuclear radiation to our bodies:
* Experts say even small radiation doses, as low as 100 millisieverts, can slightly raise cancer risk
* Exposure to 1,000 millisieverts is estimated to increase risk of fatal cancer by about 5%
* Leukaemia, a bone marrow cancer, is the most common radiation-induced cancer
* Others include cancer of lung, skin, thyroid, breast and stomach; can take years to develop
* Half of those exposed to between 4,000-5,000 millisieverts die in a month