GSIS retirement benefits of government employees
The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) here in Negros Occidental vowed to release the retirement benefits of government employees in within a day starting this year.
GSIS Negros Occidental Branch Manager Maria Vilma Fuentes said the speedy processing of retirement benefits was provided under their renewed Citizen’s Charter.
Citizen’s Charter is made in compliance with Republic Act 9485 of the Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007 which was passed in order to improve efficiency in the delivery of government service to the public by reducing bureaucratic red tape and preventing graft and corruption.
Fuentes said the disbursement of checks for retirement benefits will be ready for pick-up on the 30th day from the date of filing, provided, that the retiree concerned will inform GSIS his/her intention to retire 90 days prior to actual date of retirement.
Fuentes stressed it will always be an advantage if the retiree will inform GSIS even a month prior to his/her retirement so they can reconcile their records in due time. If followed, retirees can also get their benefits on time and without hustle, she added.
GSIS is following Republic Act 8291 or the Government Service Insurance System Act of 1997 in granting the retirement benefits of government employees.
Under the law, employees qualified are those who have rendered at least 15 years in government service and must be at least 60 years old upon retirement.
Retirees have two options in availing their retirement benefits. First is the five-year lump sum and old age pension wherein applicant can get his/her five-year worth of pension in advance.
The lump sum is equivalent to 60 months of basic monthly pension (BMP) payable at the time of retirement. After five years, the retiree will start receiving his/her monthly pension.
Incoming search terms:
- retirement of employee gsis
- gsis retirement law
- gsis benefits
- gsis citizens charter
- gsis retirement options
- gsis requirements for retirement
- gsis retirement benefits
- Requirement for Gsis retirement philippines
- republic act 8291 retirement benefits
- Requirement for retirement of government employee in the Philippines
- philippines gsis retirement benefits
- Philippine gsis retirement benefits
- Philippine Government Employees Retirement Fee
- optional retirement of government employees legal term
- Requirements of GSIS for goverments retirees in the philippines
- www gsis government employee san carlos city
- www gsis com
- What are the retirement benefits of government employees in the philippines
- what are the requirement of gsis retirement claims in the Philippines
- vilma fuentes gsis philippines
- tribute to retirees government employees philippines
- retirement gsis
- retirement fee philippine government employee
- retirement benefits government employee philippines
- new gsis retirement law philippines
- new gsis retirement law
- new gsis law on retirement
- GSIS optional retirement in the philippines
- gsis government employees
- gsis bonuses tribute to retiree
- GSIS benefits of retirement at 60 years old
- gsis benefits for casual employees
- gsis benefits employees
- Government employees retirement law Philippines
- erleachon@gsis gov ph
- GSIS REQUIREMENT FOR RETIRING EMPLOYEES
- GSIS requirements for retirement in the Philippines
- law on gsis retirees
- how does it takes the processing of the optional retirement in GSIS philipinnes?
- GSISretirement benefits in the philippines
- gsis retirement in the philippines
- GSIS retirement bill philippines
- GSIS retirement benefits ready for pick up BAGUIO
- gsis retirement benefits and requirements
- GSIS retirees benefits
- 15 years philippine government retirement requirement