Career Executive Service Officer (CESO) Rank Holders

Malacanang announced on Wednesday there will be no extension of the three-month reprieve granted by Memorandum Order (MC) No. 2 to appointees of the previous administration who are not Career Executive Service Officer (CESO) rank holders.

Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda told a media briefing that MC No. 2 allows non-CESO officials occupying CESO positions to keep their jobs until Oct. 31, 2010.

According to Secretary Lacierda, he and Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. tackled MC No. 2 and they agreed not to extend the memorandum after its lapse at the end of this month.

Lacierda added this means that those non-CESO officials appointed by the previous administration who occupy CESO positions will not be extended.

The Presidential spokesman also said Malacanang will release a detailed memorandum anytime this week with regards to MC No. 2.

He added that President Benigno S. Aquino III already extended by three months since July 30 the tour of duty of non-CESO officials appointed by the past administration and they were evaluated on their performance.

Lacierda noted the Palace has already assessed the performance of the non-CESO officials and will not extend their duties anymore since they will be replaced after Oct. 31.

At least 1,179 non-CESO officials are affected by MC No. 2, but some of them have been reappointed by the present administration after evaluating their performances.

Last week, a lawyer questioned before the Supreme Court (SC) Executive Order No. 2 of President Aquino on “midnight appointments.” (PNA)

Leave a Reply