Benigno Aquino SONA 2012
Senator Edgardo J. Angara is expecting President Benigno S. Aquino III to mention the government’s achievements in economy, education, healthcare and agricultural productivity in his third State-of-the- Nation Address (SONA) on Monday.
“First quarter growth was strong. We are just one notch below attaining investment grade for the first time ever. The unemployment rate also dropped to 6.9 percent in April,” said Angara, vice chairman of the Senate committee on finance.
“These indicators seem to be reflected in the sentiment of our people. Based on various surveys conducted by the SWS, total self-rated hunger and self-rated poverty have declined while net economic optimism is high,” he added.
Angara said gains achieved by the President in the past year must be followed through with greater investments in quality education, healthcare, agricultural productivity, and business efficiency.
“The country is eager to know where we are on the ‘Tuwid na Daan’ (right path),” he stressed.
The Philippines was also one of the top gainers in the 2011-2012 World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Index, jumping from 85th spot to 75th.
“Admittedly, a lot more needs to be done. These are important gains nonetheless, and we want to know how the President plans to sustain these and use these as the foundation for more reforms,” Angara said.
“For instance, we want to know the administration’s viable long-term plan on education, both primary and higher education,” said the veteran lawmaker called “Mr. Education” for having authored many of the landmark measures in the sector.
Angara also urged further reforms in the areas of agriculture and fisheries, healthcare, and ease of doing business to further enhance the country’s competitiveness in the ASEAN region.
Incoming search terms:
- gdp of philippines 2012
- sona reaction 2012
- reactions of cretique about the SONA 2012 of pnoy
- president pnoy sona 2012 reaction
- news about the economy of the philippines
- recomendation of sona 2011
- recent news in the philippines
- 2012 sona of benigno aquino
- recent news about the philippine economy
- recent news about philippines economy
- recommendation about the sona of noynoy third
- RECOMMENDATION FOR FREE EDUCATION OF SONA 2012
- rescent news in philippine economy
- sona 2012 benigno aquino
- SONA 2012-Benigno Aquino
- SONA of benigno aquino iii president
- sona phil 20012
- sona pnoy articles 2012
- reactions of 3rd sona pnoy 2012
- reaction to pnoys sona 2012
- achievements of noynoy presidency 2012
- comments in sona of president pnoy 2012
- comments on pnoy sona 2012
- economy of the philippines news
- monetary policy of sona philippines
- news of economy of the philippines
- Philippine GDP as of 2012
- philippine labor situation 2011
- philippines latest news of economy 2012
- reaction about pnoys sona 2012
- reaction about the third sona of pnoy
- reaction on economy on sona 2012
- REACTION PAPER IN SONA OF PINOY 2012
- reaction paper of president pnoy 2012 3rd SONA
- state of the nation address philippines 2012 summary about economy