2013 Philippine National Budget
By Cielito M. Reganit
Malacañang on Tuesday submitted to the House of Representatives its proposed P2.006-trillion 2013 National Budget, a day after President Benigno Aquino III delivered his third State of the Nation Address (SONA).
Budget and Management Secretary Florencio Abad presented the Budget of Expenditures and Sources of Financing as well as other supporting documents to House Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. in simple ceremonies held at the Batasang Pambansa Complex in Quezon City.
The proposed 2013 budget is 10.5 percent or P190 billion higher from the current year’s budget of P1.816 trillion. It represents 16.8 percent of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
Abad said next year’s budget, dubbed as an “empowerment budget”, reinforces the administration’s commitment to fulfill the Aquino administration’s Social Contract with the Filipino people and seeks to drive up stronger economic growth in the next fiscal year.
“In crafting the 2013 budget, the Aquino administration was determined to build on the gains we have so far posted, as well as encourage more robust and inclusive fiscal growth in the coming year and beyond. To truly empower Filipinos with this budget, we intensified civic society and grassroots involvement in budget preparations so that the resulting expenditure plan accounts for the needs of the ordinary Filipino,” Abad said.
The Budget Secretary said the combined budgetary allocations of social and economic services to the tune of P1.210 trillion — 60.3 percent of the P2.006-trillion budget — supports the achievement of the said target.
Under next year’s appropriation, social services allocation alone is 13.9 percent or P85 billion higher than the P613.4 billion outlay for the sector in 2012.
Among the departments, the Department of Education (DepEd) continues to get the largest allocation at P292.7 billion, which is P55.9 billion higher than its P238.8-billion budget in 2012.
This is followed by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) with P152.9 billion allocation compared to the previous P126.4 billion. The Department of National Defense (DND) will get P121.6 billion next year which is P13.5 billion higher than the 2012 allocation of P108.1 billion.
Completing the top 10 agencies with the biggest allocations for 2013 are the Departments of Interior and Local Government (DILG) with P121.1 billion; Agriculture (DA) with P74.1 billion; Health (DOH) with P56.8 billion; Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) with P56.2 billion; Transportation and Communications (DOTC) with P37.1 billion; Finance (DOF) with P33.2 billion; and Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) with P23.7 billion.
In the meantime, Speaker Belmonte congratulated Secretary Abad and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) for the early submission of the 2013 Budget saying it will give the House of Representatives ample time to thoroughly scrutinize it and facilitate its early passage in Congress.
Incoming search terms:
- Philippine national budget 2013
- philippine budget 2013
- 2013 Philippine Budget
- Philippine national Budget for 2013
- 2013 PHILIPPINE NATIONAL BUDGET
- philippine budget allocation 2013
- philippine budget allocation for 2013
- national budget 2013 philippines
- philippine 2013 national budget
- 2013 philippine budget allocation
- 2013 national budget philippines
- philippine defence budget 2013
- philippine 2013 budget
- sona of noynoy aquino 2012 summary
- sona of pres aquino 2012
- sona of noynoy aquino 2012
- 2013 National Budget Phil
- philippines national budget for 2013
- pnoy sona 2012 summary
- 2012 sona of pres aquino
- philippine sona 2013
- philippine national budget
- 2013 budget philippines
- noynoy aquino sona 2012
- philippines budget 2013
- Budget for 2013 Philippines
- March 2013 reganit injury
- summary of 2012 Sona
- summary of sona of pnoy 2012
- sona 2012 philippines tagalog
- brief summary of sona 2012 by noynoy
- sona 2013 philippines summary
- 2013 budget of the philippines
- national budget of the philippines 2013
- phil sona 2013
- Budget allocation Philippines 2013
- budget allocation in philippine education 2013
- budget of the philippines 2013
- philippine budget 2012 - 2013
- sona 2012 buod
- brief summary of July 23 2012 Sona by noynoy
- reaction about the third state of the nation address of noynoy aquino
- reaction for sona of president benigno aquino 2012
- philippines defence 2013 budget
- philippine fiscal budgetv2013
- philippine 2013 national budget for defense
- philippine government budget 2013
- noynoy president 2012
- philippine national budget allocation for 2013
- philippine national budget for the year 2013